Saturday, November 26, 2011

When Did the GOP Lose Touch With Reality?

From David Frum -- the article appeared in New York magazine recently. Interesting to read the Republican perspective -- very insightful:

I’ve been a Republican all my adult life. I have worked on the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal, at Forbes magazine, at the Manhattan and American Enterprise Institutes, as a speechwriter in the George W. Bush administration. I believe in free markets, low taxes, reasonable regulation, and limited government. I voted for John ­McCain in 2008, and I have strongly criticized the major policy decisions of the Obama administration. But as I contemplate my party and my movement in 2011, I see things I simply cannot support.

http://nymag.com/print/?/news/politics/conservatives-david-frum-2011-11/

No comments:

Post a Comment