Sunday, December 8, 2013

Remarks by the President on Economic Mobility

image

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/12/04/remarks-president-economic-mobility

From the President’s Speech:

I believe this is the defining challenge of our time:  Making sure our economy works for every working American.  It’s why I ran for President.  It was at the center of last year’s campaign.  It drives everything I do in this office.  And I know I’ve raised this issue before, and some will ask why I raise the issue again right now.  I do it because the outcomes of the debates we’re having right now -- whether it’s health care, or the budget, or reforming our housing and financial systems -- all these things will have real, practical implications for every American.  And I am convinced that the decisions we make on these issues over the next few years will determine whether or not our children will grow up in an America where opportunity is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment